Being married to an employee of the accounting industry, I’ve already reviewed a lot of employer benefits. To get the most out of these employee benefits, I’ve:
- picked the low-cost High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- got free money put into our Health Savings Account (HSA)
- screened out the high-fee funds in our 401(k)
- learned that the employer-provided life insurance won’t cover our needs
Since I’ve already done the work, I can share what I’ve learned. This can help you if you are an employee of the Big Four.
When not writing about financial planning for employees of the Big Four, I’m practicing financial planning and investment management at Define Financial.
• sometimes successfully brewing beer at home
• being terrible at basketball
• trying to beat my time on Torrey Pines inside on Strava
• perfecting brisket and beef back ribs on my Traeger smoker
• trying not to get beat up too terribly at Jiu Jitsu
• chasing leopard sharks at La Jolla Cove
• crashing while mountain biking
• camping & hiking
• fostering extremely stubborn dogs via Second Chance Dog Rescue
If you have a question about financial planning (and you’re an employee of the Big Four), shoot me an e-mail at jon@uncleDmoney.com. If you’re interested in working with me at Define Financial, you can learn more here. If you haven’t already done so, you can get my free financial guide for Big Four employees.